This is a solution for managers to easily delegate and prioritize queue records.
- Managers can drag records from queues to different users.
- Managers can prioritize the records assigned to users by dragging and dropping them in the order they want.
- A rollup of a column for each user can be calculated to provide numbers, like total estimated hours, so managers can have an idea of each user’s current workload. This can help managers determine which users have the availability to handle more work.
- Inline editing of records is available if managers need to adjust statuses, titles, descriptions, etc. on the fly.
- An additional table of data can be shown at the bottom of the display for things like recently completed records if managers want to review the delegated assignments that have recently been completed.
- This setup can work for any object type and its queues.
How It Works
The records displayed are defined using a custom SOQL query definition object, called Dynamic Queries, which is also shown in the Console 3 post. A component was created to handle combining the queries and generating the page UI so that multiple queue management pages could easily be created by simply adding the component to new pages. The Dynamic Queries determine the object type, so a page could be created to manage customer service case queues and another page could be created to handle lead queues. The users, queues, and records shown are determined by the criteria in the Dynamic Queries. Multiple users and queues can be shown on the same page so that records from different queues can be assigned to users.